Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dreaming Again?

Have any of you ever felt as if you were in a huge slumber and that your life was just one incoherent dream? You know the kind of dream where you barely remember any of it, but all that you know is that right before the best part of the dream you wake up and can't fall back to sleep to enjoy the sweet ending. I ask this because I have felt for many years that my life has been a constant dream that I never get to the ending of or at least the enjoyable part, but I just live in the ongoing boredom of my life! I've found myself in a sense sleep walking through this beautiful thing called LIFE and have forgotten how to dream and even how to enjoy it for the last 6 or 7 years of my life.

What really excites me is when the inner most longing of my being begins to well up inside of me and burst out all over my life no matter what condition or situation my life is in. The last time I truly experienced this longing to fulfill the inner most cry of my heart was when I was getting recruited to play college soccer. You see my life's goal from the time I was 5 was to play college soccer and move onto the pros after that. When the first coach called me and told me that they were interested in me and wanted me to come visit their campus, my heart leap because my dream of playing college soccer was right at my finger tips and I could taste the satisfaction in the air everywhere I went. I walked with my head higher and enjoyed even the mundane details of life because what made my soul most satisfied was coming true.

Over the past few years I have forgotten what that feeling was like until just recently when I began to dream again and Christ began to lay dreams in my heart all over again. You see for so long I've been this so called "Christian" leader that has followed the paths that are set up for "Christian social" success, and in doing so my soul has been rotting away! I'd forgotten that I lived for and walked with an all-powerful Savior that calls me to Love Him and Love People. I'd forgotten that He was a God of Reconciliation and Restoration! I have not experienced the quenching of my soul's thirst for Him by drinking deeply of His Love in so long! But what is so amazing about this Savior Jesus is that all it takes is one taste of His Life Giving water to restore my life and to re instill dreams in my heart.

So what are these dreams? What could I possibly be so excited about that my spirit leaps within my soul? I'm excited that I get to walk with the broken and burdened of my world. I'm excited that I get to love the unlovable and the unwanted. I'm longing to give without return, to love without reserve, to serve without reward, and to destroy this social hierarchy that has been created in our society! I'm overflowing not only to love those in 3rd world countries, but to love and serve those that are in need right now in my community around me! You see I dream of a world where we break down barriers with Unrelenting Love! I dream of a society like the one that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. spoke of in his famous speech "I Have A Dream"! I dream of a day when us as the people that call ourselves Christ followers truly follow Christ and live as He says to live in Matthew 25:31-46. I long to be a person that feeds the hungry, gives a drink to the thirsty, rooms the homeless, clothes the shivering and naked, visits the sick, broken and imprisoned. You see I long for my life to be one of Unrelenting Love for everyone that I come in contact with.

So my question is, Is this your dream? What do we want to be know for in our lives, for people of success or as people of LOVE?! When I look back at my life, what impact in the lives of the least of these can I say that I've had, not for my glory or honor but simply for the sake of Love? So I'm beginning to have these dreams well up inside of me and rejuvenate my life! I'm beginning to dream of Love again! I no longer want to slumber and miss out on the fulfillment of this dream, I want to dwell in this dream for eternity! Will anyone else dream along side of me?

No comments: